Refugees and Migrant Health Workshop - Athens, Greece. 14th – 16th October 2017
Workshop / Training of Trainers:
Refugees and Migrant Health Workshop
The workshop is jointly organised by the EPIET Alumni Network (EAN) and the Mediterranean Programme for Intervention Epidemiology Training (MediPIET), hosted by the Hellenic Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (KEELPNO).
Place and date: Athens, Greece. 14th – 16th October 2017
Venue and accomodation:
The workshop will take place at the Hotel Radisson Blu Park, where we have arranged your accommodation with breakfast and lunch during the days of the training.
The time required to reach the hotel from Athens International Airport (Eleftherios Venizelos) is about an hour by the Suburban railway and Metro (Victoria Station), whereas it takes about 30-45 minutes by taxi. MediPIET will NOT provide transfer from and to the airport.
Please download HERE the programme.
General Learning Objectives
This workshop is particularly inspired by the recent influx of refugees in Europe and its surrounding countries. It aims to provide an understanding of refugee/migrant-related health issues and to give an overview of surveillance systems, health screening programs, migrant health policies and recommendations within the EU and neighbouring countries.
Experts and facilitators:
The following experts will share the experience of their countries and organisations:
- Dr. Agapios Terzidis, Vice President of the Hellenic Center for Disease Control and Prevention (KEELPNO)
- Dr Ghada Abou Mourad – Ministry of Public Health, Lebanon
- Dr Jelena Cmiljanic – IOM, Greece
- Dr Marie Dauvrin – Universite Catolique Lovain, Belgium
- Isabel de la Mata – European Comission
- Lotte Marie de Schrijver – International Centre for Reproductive Health/Ghent University, Belgium
- Dr Silvia Declich – Istituto Superiore Di Sanita, Italy
- Dr Maria Grazia Dente – Istituto Superiore Di Sanita, Italy
- Dr Mustafa Ali Slem Elsagri – National Medical Research Center, Lybia
- Dr Iro Evlampidou – MSF/ISGlobal
- Dr Sophie Gedeon – Independent scholar
- Sania Shireen Haq – AudienceNet United Kingdom
- Dr Ursula Karl-Trummer – Center for Health and Migration, Austria
- Manolis Kokkiniotis – MSF Greece
- Aliki Meimaridou – MSF Greece
- Dr Vladimir Mikikj – Institut of Public Health, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
- Dr Mohammad Hussein Mohammad Abu Khadair – Ministry of Health, Jordan
- Prof Takis Panayiotopoulos – National school of Public Health, Greece
- Dr Roumyana Petrova-Benedict – IOM, Belgium
- Dr Dragana Plavsa – National Institute of Publib Health „Dr Milan Jovanovic Batut”
- Dr Soorej Jose Puthoopparambil – University of Limerick, Ireland
- Dr Adil Qureshi University Hospital Val d’Hebron, Spain
- Evangelos Tsilis – UNHCR Greece
- Prof Vesna Velikj Stefanovska – Institute of Epidemiology and biostatistics with medical informatics, Medical faculty, University St. Kril and Metodij, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
The workshop is coordinated by:
- Dr Iro Evlampidou – MSF/ISGlobal on behalf of EAN
- Dr Adela Paez Jimenez – MediPIET Scientific Coordinator
- Dr Javiera Rebolledo – EAN Board
All training materials will be soon available in our E-Library.