Module 6 - Vector borne diseases, Zoonosis and GIS
The Mediterranean Program for Intervention Epidemiology Training (MediPIET) is a sustainable training program in intervention epidemiology funded by the European Commission and implemented by Spanish Consortium -National Public Health Institute (ISCIII) and the International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies (FIIAPP)-, and under the scientific leadership of European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). The purpose of the program is to consolidate a competent workforce with the necessary competence in intervention epidemiology to carry out essential public health functions for prevention and control of national and cross-border challenges posed by communicable diseases (http://medipiet.eu/web/).
Title of the training module:
Vectorborne and zoonotic diseases and GIS
Dates, place and venue:
6th-10th March 2017.
The training will take place at hotel Radisson Blue Park Athens, Greece https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-athens and on Thursday 21st April 2016, the field exercise and laboratory demonstration will take place at the National Public Health School of Greece.
Download here the practical info.
The main objectives are:
– To apply and consolidate knowledge and skills acquired in previous modules.
– To refresh knowledge epidemiology of vector borne (VBD) and zoonotic diseases
– To apply surveillance design and outbreak investigation in human, vectors and animals
– To design evidence based PH response
– To get acquainted with risk and impact communication
– To practice intersectoral collaboration
– To integrate aspects of emerging diseases and generic preparedness
– To become familiar with methods complementary to epidemiological investigations
Dr Nikoletta Mavroeidi Scientific Coordinator
Dr Ahmed Zaghloul Scientific Coordinator
Dr Marie Duvalsaint Scientific Coordinator
To download all training materials, please, visit our E-Library.