Module 1 - Introduction to Intervention Epidemiology Course
The Introductory Course to Intervention Epidemiology (Module 1) provides theoretical induction to allow MediPIET fellows and external participants of the MediPIET network for acquisition of the core competencies for field epidemiologist. Topics covered include how to perform surveillance, conduct outbreak investigations, design and interpretation of epidemiological studies, perform a survey, collect and analyse data, and communicate the findings. Also, principles of International Health Regulations (IHR) and Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) risks mitigation and prevention will be integrated with the main epidemiological content.
This first module for the Second MediPIET Cohort, 2015-17 was co-organized with the Institute of Public Health of Montenegro 19th – 30th October 2015 in Budva, Montenegro. It was preceded by a three-day preparatory session with some of the facilitators and trainers from MediPIET region.
Date & Place: 19-30 October 2015 Budva, Montenegro
Please download the programme here.
At the end of the introductory course, participants were able to:
• Investigate an outbreak to propose public health recommendations;
• Perform surveillance and analyse surveillance data;
• Design an epidemiological study;
• Examine associations between exposures and outcomes, while taking into account bias, confounding and effect modification;
• Communicate results of field investigations to various stakeholders (decision makers, public, press, etc.), including scientific writing;
• Understand and apply IHR principles;
• Be acquainted with CBRN Risk Mitigation and prevention principles, the EU CBRN and with the EU CBRN Centers of Excellence initiative.
Of note, an anonymous pre-course and after-course knowledge evaluation on the above mentioned topics was conducted.
• Assoc. Prof. Dragan Lausevic, IPH of Montenegro
• Prof. Takis Panagiotopoulos, Senior Epidemiologist
• Dr Isme Humolli, IPH of Kosovo
• Dr Hedia Bellali, Observatoire des Maladies Nouvelles et Emergentes, Tunis
• Dr Gordana Kuzmanovska, IPH of fYROM
•Dr Cornelius Bartels, ECDC
• Dr Nikoletta Mavroeidi, Senior Epidemiologist
• Prof Genc Burazeri, IPH of Albania
• Dr Adela Paez, MediPIET Scientific Coordinator Responsible for scientific activities coordination of this module
• Dr Danijella Simic, IPH of Serbia
• Dr Mitra Drakulovic , IPH of Serbia
• Dr Natalia Caterinciuc, IPH of Moldova
• Ms. Concha Martin, MediPIET Liason Officer
• Ms. Eva Ferreras, Instituto de Salud Carlos III, Spain
• Dr Brigitte Helynk, Institute de Veille Sanitaire, France
• Assoc. Prof Nissaf Ben Alaya, Observatoire des Maladies Nouvelles et Emergentes, Tunis
• Dr Nada Ghosn, MoH Lebanon
• Dr Marie-Laurence Lambert, IPH of Belgium
• Dr Ahmed Zaghloul, MoH Egypt
• Dr Ghada Abou Mrad, MoH Lebanon
• Dr Anita Grgurevic, Faculty of Medicine Serbia
• Dr Eugena Tomini, IPH of Albania
To download all training materials, please, visit our E-Library.