Module 7 - Water and food-borne diseases
The Mediterranean Program for Intervention Epidemiology Training (MediPIET) is a sustainable training program in intervention epidemiology funded by the European Commission and implemented by Spanish Consortium -National Public Health Institute (ISCIII) and the International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies (FIIAPP)-, and under the scientific leadership of European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). The purpose of the program is to consolidate a competent workforce with the necessary competence in intervention epidemiology to carry out essential public health functions for prevention and control of national and cross-border challenges posed by communicable diseases (http://medipiet.eu/web/).
Title of the training module
Food, Waterborne, Vectorborne and zoonotic diseases
Dates, place and venue
18-23rd April 2016.
The training will take place at hotel Radisson Blue Park Athens, Greece https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-athens and on Thursday 21st April 2016, the field exercise and laboratory demonstration will take place at the National Public Health School of Greece.
Please find the programme here.
– Epidemiology of FWD diseases
– Design of surveillance systems in human, vectors and animals
– Intersectoral collaboration
– Laboratory aspects (including collection and transport of samples)
– Planning evaluation of measures and programs for control of FWD.
– Environmental epidemiology methods,
– Correlational (ecological) studies, Databases linkage
– CBRN perspective
– Ethical aspects
The main objectives are:
– To refresh knowledge of food and waterborne (FWD) diseases epidemiology
– To apply principles of surveillance and outbreak investigation in human, food, water and animals
– To propose evidence based PH response
– To get acquainted with risk and impact communication
– To practice intersectoral collaboration
– To integrate aspects of emerging diseases and generic preparedness
In collaboration with the Hellenic Center for Disease Prevention and Control, the Module 7 is coordinated by Kassiani Mellou, Head of Food and Waterborne diseases of the Greek Center for Disease Control & Prevention and Module 6 is organized by Adela Paez & Nikoletta Mavroeidi, MediPIET Scientific coordinators.
For this training, MediPIET mobilises the below listed group of experts, from both participating countries and EU reference institutions, with large teaching and field experience:
- Kassiani Melou email@example.com
- Angeliki Lambrou firstname.lastname@example.org
- Adela Paez email@example.com
- Nikoletta Mavroeidi firstname.lastname@example.org
- Marie Belizaire Duvalsaint email@example.com
- Ahmed Zaghloul firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vinciane Sizaire email@example.com
- Ettore Severi Severi@ecdc.europa.eu
- Kiki Trifinopolou firstname.lastname@example.org
- Agoritsa Baka email@example.com
- Danai Pervanidou firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gordana Kuzmanovska email@example.com
- Vesna Velikj Stefanovska firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mohamed Kouni Chahed email@example.com
- Laurence Marrama Marrama@ecdc.europa.eu
- Paula Vasconcelos Vasconcelos@ecdc.europa.eu
- Javiera Rebolledo firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mitra Drakulovic email@example.com
- Takis Panagiotopoulous firstname.lastname@example.org
- Elina Patsoula email@example.com
- Evdokia Vassalou firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gregory Spanakos email@example.com
- Beleri Stavroula firstname.lastname@example.org
- George Balatsos email@example.com
- Antonios Michaelakis firstname.lastname@example.org
Please find all the training materials in our E-Library.