Module 6 - Vector-borne diseases and zoonosis
The Mediterranean Program for Intervention Epidemiology Training (MediPIET) is a sustainable training program in intervention epidemiology funded by the European Commission and implemented by Spanish Consortium -National Public Health Institute (ISCIII) and the International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies (FIIAPP)-, and under the scientific leadership of European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control (ECDC). The purpose of the program is to consolidate a competent workforce with the necessary competence in intervention epidemiology to carry out essential public health functions for prevention and control of national and cross-border challenges posed by communicable diseases (http://medipiet.eu/web/).
Title of the training module
Food, Waterborne, Vectorborne and zoonotic diseases
Dates, place and venue
18-23rd April 2016.
The training will take place at hotel Radisson Blue Park Athens, Greece https://www.radissonblu.com/en/hotel-athens and on Thursday 21st April 2016, the field exercise and laboratory demonstration will take place at the National Public Health School of Greece.
Please find the programme here.
– Epidemiology of vector borne (VBD) and zoonotic diseases
– Surveillance design in human, vectors and animals
– Practice intersectoral collaboration
– Laboratory aspects (including collection and transport of samples)
– Evaluation of measures and programs for control of VBD and zoonoses.
– Environmental epidemiology methods,
– Correlational (ecological) studies, Databases linkage
The main objectives are:
– To apply and consolidate knowledge and skills acquired in previous modules.
– To refresh knowledge epidemiology of vector borne (VBD) and zoonotic diseases
– To apply surveillance design and outbreak investigation in human, vectors and animals
– To design evidence based PH response
– To get acquainted with risk and impact communication
– To practice intersectoral collaboration
– To integrate aspects of emerging diseases and generic preparedness
– To become familiar with methods complementary to epidemiological investigations
In collaboration with the Hellenic Center for Disease Prevention and Control, the Module 7 is coordinated by Kassiani Mellou, Head of Food and Waterborne diseases of the Greek Center for Disease Control & Prevention and Module 6 is organized by Adela Paez & Nikoletta Mavroeidi, MediPIET Scientific coordinators.
For this training, MediPIET mobilises the below listed group of experts, from both participating countries and EU reference institutions, with large teaching and field experience:
- Kassiani Melou firstname.lastname@example.org
- Angeliki Lambrou email@example.com
- Adela Paez firstname.lastname@example.org
- Nikoletta Mavroeidi email@example.com
- Marie Belizaire Duvalsaint firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ahmed Zaghloul email@example.com
- Vinciane Sizaire firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ettore Severi Severi@ecdc.europa.eu
- Kiki Trifinopolou email@example.com
- Agoritsa Baka firstname.lastname@example.org
- Danai Pervanidou email@example.com
- Gordana Kuzmanovska firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vesna Velikj Stefanovska email@example.com
- Mohamed Kouni Chahed firstname.lastname@example.org
- Laurence Marrama Marrama@ecdc.europa.eu
- Paula Vasconcelos Vasconcelos@ecdc.europa.eu
- Javiera Rebolledo email@example.com
- Mitra Drakulovic firstname.lastname@example.org
- Takis Panagiotopoulous email@example.com
- Elina Patsoula firstname.lastname@example.org
- Evdokia Vassalou email@example.com
- Gregory Spanakos firstname.lastname@example.org
- Beleri Stavroula email@example.com
- George Balatsos firstname.lastname@example.org
- Antonios Michaelakis email@example.com
Please find all the training material in our E-Library.